Dell can help ensure seamless migration of Microsoft Windows Active Directory to meet your business goals.
Directory services from Dell are designed to provide the following benefits:
- Efficiently sharing and managing information about network resources
- Improving the scalability and availability of your IT infrastructure
- Creating a comprehensive scalable directory strategy
|How To Purchase||Contact your Dell Sales Representative or call 1-800-WWW-DELL|
Tailored Services to Meet Your Needs
Active Directory Design and Deployment
The Right Approach to Directory Services
Active Directory can enhance performance throughout an organization's infrastructure and can therefore be a driving force in creating a productive, secure and reliable technology environment. By providing detailed design documentation, a comprehensive validation strategy, and a mature deployment plan, Dell helps you assess, design and implement the most effective solution for your organization.
Assessments are designed to help you make informed decisions to maximize the benefits of Active Directory in your unique environment. /At the conclusion of the assessment phase, Dell experts will have identified the full scope of solution options and will provide recommendations for maximizing value.
Key activities during the assessment include:
- Discovering and defining a baseline of your current environment as our service professionals run automated discovery tools and conduct interviews with key personnel
- Determining a migration strategy for required server-based mailboxes, address lists, and other end-user messaging data with recommendations from Dell’s expert consultants
- Evaluating and mitigating risks of migration
Design services lay the path for success at implementation. Using best practices and proven methodologies, our design phases are conducted with an emphasis on minimizing disruptions to workflow and IT infrastructure. At the conclusion of the design engagement you will have a complete understanding of how the solution can be implemented successfully in your environment with minimal end-user disruption.
Key elements of the design phase include:
- Architecting a scalable directory infrastructure and designing specific configurations with Dell’s expert consultants
- Upgrading and retaining existing directory structure with users, groups, computers and trusts available in Active Directory
- Restructuring and using the Active Directory Migration Tool to migrate from Windows NT 4.0 and use enhanced Active Directory capabilities
- Creating detailed Active Directory implementation plans with Dell service professionals for a complete understanding of how the migration will be conducted with minimum end-user disruption
Dell experts can capture the value of the solution as it is integrated into your production environment and help improve service levels to your end-users.
Key elements include:
- Validating the new design and conducting pilot migration to the new system
- Empowering your systems administrators to efficiently administer your new infrastructure as Dell’s experts transfer knowledge
Take advantage of Dell’s Enterprise Support Services to support your new solution. Dell provides a modular suite of robust offerings, covering system support and maintenance. At the core of this suite are four bundles combining alternative levels of technical phone support, on-site services*, and account management features designed to address increasing levels of system uptime. For details go to Enterprise Support Services.
Tailored Services to Meet Your NeedsActive Directory Design and Deployment
Dell’s consultants use proven methodology and project management expertise to provide efficient and effective solutions in a timely manner. Our service consultants work to understand your business objectives to design a solution that has the flexibility and scalability to meet your needs, now and in the future.
- Comprehensive functional and technical specification documents
- Detailed validation planning and execution, including pilot deployments, proof-of-concept engagements and prototypes
- Detailed documentation including solution recommendations, timelines and operational impact windows
- Expert project management and deployment resources to help ensure successful solution implementation