Dell Virtualization Services can help you identify immediate results by designing and implementing practical, reliable and comprehensive solutions for your unique environment. Virtualization services from Dell provide the following benefits:
- Provide a flexible, tested process to virtualization, matched to your current user needs and future demands.
- Create operational advantage through increased provisioning agility and the ability to reach TCO savings of up to 25%.*
- Trusted single point of contact for a complete virtualization solution.
- Remove complexity from your server infrastructure by implementing tested and validated solutions featuring standards-base systems and best of breed technologies.
|How To Purchase||Contact your Dell Sales Representative or call 1-800-WWW-DELL|
Tailored Services to Meet Your Needs
The Right Approach to Virtualization
Dell's virtualization expertise and best practices provide outstanding quality and value - Dell's service professionals can help you achieve the full benefits of virtualization technology with solutions that provide:
- A standards-based virtualization strategy that can help lower costs and preserve choice and control.
- A direct, uncomplicated approach that simplifies implementation, speeding time to productivity.
- Solutions designed to deliver leading performance, availability and overall value.
Dell technology workshops help customers understand the potential of virtualization technology. They complement any phase of the solution life-cycle.
Dell experts can:
And…Workshops help you focus on your most critical needs, including:
- Show you how virtualization technology can meet your current and future requirements.
- Take you on an in-depth, hands-on guided tour of the new technology.
- Adopting Virtualization as a cornerstone of datacenter operations.
- Consolidating servers with Physical to Virtual migration.
- Business Continuity.
- Optimizing/upgrading your current virtualized environment.
Assessments are designed to help you make informed decisions to maximize the benefits of virtualization in your unique environment. At the conclusion of the assessment phase, Dell experts will have identified the full scope of solution options and will provide recommendations for maximizing value.
Key activities during the assessment include:
- Running of automated discovery tools and conducting interviews with key personnel within your organization to determine the full range of current and future systems requirements.
- Planning server consolidation -- including which servers to consolidate, when to consolidate them and how with Dell's expert recommendations.
- Providing Total Cost of Ownership analysis.
Design services lay the path for success by providing a comprehensive and detailed virtualization architecture and implementation plan – based on our experience-driven best practices. At the conclusion of the design engagement you will have a complete understanding of how the solution can be implemented successfully in your environment with minimal end-user disruption.
Dell experts can implement your complete virtualization solution – hardware and software – so that you can you quickly capture the value of the solution.
Implementation services include:
Take advantage of Dell’s Enterprise Support Services to support your new solution: Dell provides a modular suite of robust offerings, covering system support and maintenance. At the core of this suite are four bundles combining alternative levels of technical phone support, on-site* services, and account management features designed to address increasing levels of system uptime.
For details go to Enterprise Support Services.
Tailored Services to Meet Your Needs
VMware Technology Workshops
VMware Infrastructure Workshop — This consulting engagement provides a proof-of-concept, on-site configuration and knowledge transfer using VMware ESX Server and VMware VirtualCenter Management Server.
VMware Infrastructure with P2V(Physical to Virtual)Workshop — This consulting engagement provides an on-site proof-of-concept and knowledge transfer around physical to virtual migrations using VMware ESX Server, VMware VirtualCenter Management Server and VMware P2V Assistant.
Virtual Infrastructure Health Check — This assessment examines your environment to ensure optimal configuration, consistency and alignment with VMware best practices.
VMware Infrastructure Upgrade Workshop — This consulting engagement helps pinpoint the resources needed for the most appropriate upgrade path for your migration from VMware ESX Server 2.x (and optionally VMware VirtualCenter Management Server 1.x) to VMware Infrastructure 3.0.
Virtualization Readiness Assessment (VRA)
The VRA provides an effective way to evaluate the impact a virtual infrastructure will have on your datacenter – helping you pinpoint how your newly virtualized environment can improve server management, maximize uptime and accelerate deployment. Dell service professionals provide recommendations based on best practices and ROI analysis.
Design Services — Work with Dell's experienced consultants to architect a scalable and highly available virtualization solution. Our services professionals will create a detailed implementation plan with hardware and software specifications.
Implementation Services — Dell's services professionals will deploy new enterprise hardware into your environment, install and configure VMware software, and empower your systems administrators to efficiently manage the entire solution.
Upgrade to VI 3.0 Related Services
Dell's experts will help you upgrade your virtualization infrastructure from VMware's enterprise product versions 2.x to VI 3.x Upgrades may necessitate further server consolidation and virtualization of additional workloads as well as adopting advanced Configuration and Management techniques.